Correction for LG 27GL850 (Nano-IPS)

Home Forums Help and Support Correction for LG 27GL850 (Nano-IPS)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Erdo4
    Participant

There is 2 correction at https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/ for LG 27GL850

Any idea which one should I go for ? What is the difference and how do I choose one ?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Erdo4.

Vincent
    Participant

CCMX-> matrix corrections, “not portable”

CCSS -> spectral corrections, “portable” between i1d3 family. It is used to compute a matrix correction on the fly for YOUR actual device using device’s firmware data.

You want to use CCSS if available. LG “Nano naming” in shomehow obscure. Database CCS forrection for your model looks like a common WLED PFS phophor in less than P3 flavor:

https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net/hash/fd382a0b31ea2b73e23fd45a939f3ce5/LG%2027GL850%20%28i1%20Pro%29.ccss

so even default set of corrections in DisplayCAL (WLED PFS 95% P3) may work.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Erdo4
    Participant

Ty for your answer.

You mean the “LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 94% P3 (Panasonic …………) one dont you?

There is 3 of them. 94%  –  98%   –  99%

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, the one from panasonic.
    You can plot the spectral power distribution stored in CCSS in a graph and even see xy coordinates with ArgyllCMS specplot comandline tool (I do not remember  if DisplayCAL GUI shows that). It is close to user made CCSS.

Of couse you can use the user made CCSS I’ve linked, it is OK too.

Although LG calls it “nano” ips from your message, it looks like a common “near 100% P3” widegamut (WLED PFS).
    Other LG “nano” have a very distictive spectral power distribution plot as you can see in other threads here (Ce:YAG phosphor)

Erdo4
    Participant

Ty very much for all those information 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS