Confusion calibrating CS2731

Home Forums Help and Support Confusion calibrating CS2731

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Bucciagialla
    Participant

Hi Mindas, can i contoct you for the EDR  file you “forge” for CN7, please ?

Mindas
    Participant

Hello,

sorry for the delay, busy time. Yes, it was quite ago, have to remember how I managed it.

Yea, the thing was, I forged EDR file for CN7 with different measurement data, which was claimed as actual panel data for CS2731.

Using Python, I compiled CCSS measurement data from HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss into RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr (the file which is used by CN7 with CS2731 monitor). So it means, CN7 will actually use HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss data. That’s it.

After I double checked measurements with DisplayCAL (using HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel correection), to make sure they align good with patched CN7 measurements. They matched, so I suppose patch is working.

I will attach forged EDR file, which you have to replace in \ProgramData\EIZO\Sensor\i1DisplayProEDR\RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr. Before, better stop and unload CN7, make a backup of original RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr, then replace file, reboot and I think you are good to go.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers, Mindas

Mindas
    Participant

Oh, I cannot attach EDR here, how I can send you?

Mindas
    Participant

Hello,

sorry for the delay, busy time. Yes, it was quite ago, have to remember how I managed it.

Yea, the thing was, I forged EDR file for CN7 with different measurement data, which was claimed as actual panel data for CS2731.

Using Python, I compiled CCSS measurement data from HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss into RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr (the file which is used by CN7 with CS2731 monitor). So it means, CN7 will actually use HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.ccss data. That’s it.

After I double checked measurements with DisplayCAL (using HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel correection), to make sure they align good with patched CN7 measurements. They matched, so I suppose patch is working.

I will attach forged EDR file, which you have to replace in \ProgramData\EIZO\Sensor\i1DisplayProEDR\RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr. Before, better stop and unload CN7, make a backup of original RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.edr, then replace file, reboot and I think you are good to go.

Let me know if it works.

Cheers, Mindas

Mindas
    Participant

Here it is

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

Here it is

Hi Mindas, the guys from Eizo Asia Pacifico measured the SPD from a CS2731 and packed it in a CCSS y EDR. It is uploaded in a thread in Lift Gamma Gain, so for newbies it may be easier to register in LGG and download it but thanks for sharing the EDR.
    It seems that EDR is not available in Eizo APAC website… IDNK why. Get it from LGG.
    PS: It is a WLED PFS with a tiny split in red spikes.

Bucciagialla
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Mindas and Vincent, thanks !

as soon as I have time, in a few days, I will try as you did all the various combinations including the file that Vincent tells us from Liftgammagain and I will give feedback.

thanks for the moment.

Bucciagialla
    Participant

sorry Vincent I try search such a thread in Lift Gamma Gain but I could not find the file. Could you post the link please ?

Bucciagialla
    Participant

i think i found it if, you mean the file uploaded by Stuart Pointon (EIZO CS2731 – Calibration issues | Lift Gamma Gain – The Colorist & Color Grading Forum).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Bucciagialla.

Vincent
    Participant

Yes, message #16

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS