Confusion calibrating CS2731

Home Forums Help and Support Confusion calibrating CS2731

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Mindas
    Participant

Yes! Finally, this way it worked, seems CN needs all 5 samples.. Now measurement matches in CN and DisplayCAL with HP Z24x EDR file (0.1 deltaE), no need to do manual adjustment. Just don’t have any high-end devices to check if my results are really ok, but knowing that I have amateur devices, I hope it’s max what I can get from it.. and I’m very happy I managed to do it, just with your big help it come true, thanks a lot Vincent!

Now I’m just wondering, why this HP_DreamColor_Z24x_NewPanel.edr has just one sample instead of 5? It means HP did measurement just once? If I understand correctly, more samples we have, more precise behavior it describes, as we take root mean square, right?

Also attaching patched EDR file (with HP Z24x data).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mindas
    Participant

Sorry, I see cannot attach edr here.

Vincent
    Participant

Great news. For other people: you know what to do: HEX WORK.
    Same for people with faulty HW calibration software like those Benq or LG widegamuts (QLED, GBLED, WLED PFS): they use wrong a RGBLED correction. It’s a llitle more difficult for them becaue they can`t just copy paste, they need to edit headers because their sample (RGBLED) has more than 351, so you need to interpolate & pack again or change headers.

HP packed only 1 display… because it needs only one… their monitor.

Xrite, packed U2413 correction (2012revision)among other non exactly related EDR (2011 initial file)… because… you know… they do not care so much and for true GB-LEDs… it does not matter to much. Dell calibration software, Basiccolor, CN.. etc all used Xrite “standard ones” instead of taylor made like that HP or the GB-LED meassured for PA243W form NEC (almost exactly like U2413 GBLED but they use a bblu led with just a slighty shorter wavelength nothing to be worried about)

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Dear Mindas, I ask you to pass 5 tests in DisplayCAL and place reports here. I published my i1p2 measurement data and notes: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/displaycal-profil-loader-eizo-color-navigator/#post-31015 Required files are attached below.

Set your CS2731 to some mode calibrated to native gamut using the last EDR change.

1. Test it with i1Display and HP Z24x spectral correction.
    2. Create i1Display matrix correction based on Z24x spectrum (set “minimize chromaticity difference” option in dialogue). Set matrix correction in correction menu and test again. If DisplayCAL can’t create it, skip this test.
    3. Test it with my CS2731 spectral correction.
    4. Test it with my CS2731 matrix correction (made for my instance of i1Display 3 / Pro).
    5. Create your i1Display matrix correction based on my CS2731 spectral data and make test with it.

The goal is to show i1display quality influence on result.

Attachments:

Mindas
    Participant

Dear Mindas, I ask you to pass 5 tests in DisplayCAL and place reports here. I published my i1p2 measurement data and notes: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/displaycal-profil-loader-eizo-color-navigator/#post-31015 Required files are attached below.

Hey Alexey, will try to do it as you described, but unfortunately I have to leave home for the weekend, so it will be possible only on Monday I think.

Hope you are not in a hurry, looking forward to collaborate 🙂

Mindas

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Thank you, Mindas! Of course, it’s not urgent.

Mindas
    Participant

Set your CS2731 to some mode calibrated to native gamut using the last EDR change.

1. Test it with i1Display and HP Z24x spectral correction.

Hey Alexey,

which mode do you mean? My last calibration for AdobeRGB was with these HPZ24x forged correction in CN. You want me to test this mode with DisplayCAL using your supplied corrections?

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

I supposed that you’ve calibrated display for native gamut… That’s not matter though, use AdobeRGB CN-calibrated mode for all tests.

I’m not sure if DisplayCAL allows to create personal colorimeter matrix correction based on HP Z24x spectral correction. It seems that raw spectral measurements file (.ti3 type) is needed. So, skip step 2, but use described approach on steps coming further. I attached .ti3 for Eizo in ZIP bundle.

I’m waiting for result with patienece…

Vincent
    Participant

I’m not sure if DisplayCAL allows to create personal colorimeter matrix correction based on HP Z24x spectral correction. It seems that raw spectral measurements file (.ti3 type) is needed. So, skip step 2, but use described approach on steps coming further. I attached .ti3 for Eizo in ZIP bundle.

From Argyll command line runing -d debug mode and a little bit of math

RGB to XYZ no CCSS = Muncorrected (do not apply -X param)
    RGB to XYZ with CCSS = Mccss (apply -X param)
    Mccmx = 3×3 XYZ to XYZ

Mccmx x Muncorrected = Mccss

Mccmx = Mccss x Muncorrected ^-1

Although debug output matrices are 3 decimals only.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Vincent.

Mindas
    Participant

I’m waiting for result with patienece…

Hey Alexey,

sorry for delay, very hectic time I have. So I did four DisplayCAL test measurements with different corrections you described in these steps. I just skipped step 2, as quickly I could not understand how to do all this math Vincent described..

In general I can say, the tendency was, with every further step, the results went worse especially in terms of whitepoint as expected.

Check it out, I attached files.

Attachments:

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

Thank you very much! Now we see that:

1. Despite of different red graphs HP Z24x 1nm measurement and my 3.3nm measurement of CS2731 give almost the same result for i1Display 3/Pro. Vincent is right. Graphs difference may come from XYZ-normalization of different data (CCMX curves aren’t real spectrum curves).
    2. CN seems not to make personal correction for colorimeter, calibration result is inacceptable.

Now I ask you to make some more long job: try to make iterative calibration of your display as described in my post, section 7. After you achieve pretty good WP, make profile test in DisplayCAL using Large verfication testchart (325 patches) and publish it here. You may calibrate your display for AdobeRGB emulation or using its full gamut, this does not matter here. AdobeRGB emulation may only be better for non-CM applications and provides a bit more gradient steps. I use native gamut cause my CMYK+OGV prints gamut exceeds AdobeRGB at some points.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

P.S. Don’t ruin your current profile/calibration, use another display calibration entry.

Алексей Коробов
    Participant

P.P.S. Use “Testchart for colorimeter correction” between iterations, it is much faster for WP check.

gerti
    Participant

Hello everyone,

i have now researched a bit about calibrating my CS2731 with my new xrite i1 Display Pro. I somehow lost track of the correct way and about handling these edr files…

Would it be possible to somehow summarize an easy and intuitive way to do the calibration process? Im not an IT pro and would love to have a for me do-able process to calibrate my monitor. If this means, I will not reach a perfect result, i think this would be fine.

Normally i would just have done it the simple way, just plug the i1 in and do it with CN7. But I have checked the several threads about this process now and now i imagine i need to take a step further for reasonable results, this is also were it gets a bit complex for me. Thank you really much if someone could take his/her time for helping me out. Have a great day!

All thes best, gerti

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS