concerning error calibration

Home Forums Help and Support concerning error calibration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

donny110
    Participant

I have indeed read you can’t use software means with calibration, however I did get an srgb profile and a d6500 profile earlier.. I wanted to make a 3800K (night light like) profile but then the error started.. This laptop uses a Wled family panel so that’s the spectral i’m using.. It is the msi p65 creator 8RF.. Regardless, any ideas how to fix this.. Since i am not using the bundled msi true color for this, but it was used to get the colors lining up in the green line so to say.. I have attached all the logs of the problematic runs I can find.. However I have no idea where to look right now..? (also running laptop preset for example also doesn’t seem to work?)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Vincent
    Participant

That error means that Argylcms/displaycal cannot access to GPU LUT, maybe because there is other app using it. Close it and make sure it not runs on logon. Disable them in OS configuration (like Task manager / Startup)

Vincent
    Participant

Also daylight/blackbody 3900K may be too far from native WP. Try to aim for daylight 5000K, it should be warm but white.

donny110
    Participant

3800/3900 indeed apparently was the issue, now to be honest it doesn’t make sense to my why that would fail cause IT DID work on my desktop, but regardless.. I managed to make both a 5000K and 4500K version and am working just fine with that as it stands now, it seems verifications still are “off” from the point that is trying to be calibrated, I can’t make that much sense of it.. But I do guess the whitepoint is now a tad better haha.. I have absolutely noticed laptop calibration is an absolutely different kind of beast to work with.. Thanks a lot for the help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS