Colour & Brightness Bars Q.

Home Forums Help and Support Colour & Brightness Bars Q.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Avira
    Participant

Hi there,

Just used this for the first time today and am a bit confused. At the part where you have the RGB bars with the white one beneath them. The red and green were a bit lower than the arrows so I increased the red on my monitor but it had no effect on the bars. I even maxed the red and the bar still didn’t move closer to the arrows. Is this normal?

The same thing happened with the brightness one. Luckily my brightness was right at the arrow but I increased it anyway and again the bar didn’t move away from the arrow.

This time my white point and brightness were right at the arrows but how can I adjust this if they are not when the bars don’t move? Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Avira.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

attach logs please.

Avira
    Participant

Hi I don’t know which ones you need so I’ll add them all.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Avira
    Participant

And the rest.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi I don’t know which ones you need so I’ll add them all.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for.

It seems your instrument only saw very little change between the different adjustments.

The red and green were a bit lower than the arrows so I increased the red on my monitor but it had no effect on the bars. I even maxed the red and the bar still didn’t move closer to the arrows. Is this normal?

Which exact controls on the monitor OSD were you adjusting? Was there a visible change in picture when doing extreme adjustments?

Avira
    Participant

It was the red green and blue sliders I get from clicking the button on my monitor. The sliders seemed to make a tiny bit of difference while the program was open but when I closed it it would suddenly go much redder. Even if I put the slider to max and opened the program again the bar would still be in the same place.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It was the red green and blue sliders I get from clicking the button on my monitor. The sliders seemed to make a tiny bit of difference while the program was open but when I closed it it would suddenly go much redder.

Are you sure you’re adjusting actual monitor controls and not something that a software on your computer provides?

Avira
    Participant

Yeah, it’s like a little flat mushroom shaped button on the back bottom right of my monitor.

Monitor back.

Sorry to be such a pain 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Avira.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I found this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-u28d590d-4k-ultra-hd-monitor,4033-3.html

Apparently you need to lower contrast to avoid clipping.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS