Colorvolume HDR ?

Home Forums Help and Support Colorvolume HDR ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

if i want to check the tvs colorvolume in HDR mode against DCI-P3 and also rec2020 how do i set up the verification?

i can see that you can select rec2020 for simulation profile but not dci p3?

on top of that is it possible to add different gamut coverages in % in the future like calman has now with its color volume checker?

also when is hdr metadata coming to MadTPG?

no hurry here since i already can enable HDR mode manually but for those who cant

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

if i want to check the tvs colorvolume in HDR mode against DCI-P3 and also rec2020 how do i set up the verification?

It’s currently not possible. Also, this measure would not be as useful as you may think, as the full HDR color volume (at peak of 10000 cd/m2) cannot currently be reached by any available TV, so the reported volume would always be vastly lower than nominal.

on top of that is it possible to add different gamut coverages in % in the future like calman has now with its color volume checker?

Sure, although in my opinion it currently makes little sense to have Rec. 2020 on there as there is no TV available that comes even close (especially not in HDR mode).

also when is hdr metadata coming to MadTPG?

That’s a question for the madVR thread over at doom9 forum. I recall madshi mentioning that it is planned for sometime in the future.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS