ColorMunky Display + LG 27UD68P

Home Forums Help and Support ColorMunky Display + LG 27UD68P

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

niccoc1603
    Participant

Hi

I just received my new Colormunky Display and are attempting a calibration of my LG 27UD68P monitor. I have not installed X-Rite software and I am already using DisplayCal with a previous calibration profile performed with a Spyder4 device.

I want to check I am doing everything right:

• Colormunky is recognized propely by DisplayCal, what “Correction” do I have to select for my LG 27UD68P? I know this is a LED ISP monitor but I am not sure if I have to select “LCD White LED ISP” or “LCD RGB LED ISP”
    • I see from the menu “Check online for colorimeter correction” I have many options, do I have to select any?
    • Do I have to reset any previous corrections currently applied through DisplayCal before performing the new calibration? If yes, how?
    • Do I have to reset monitor Colro Adjust Settings to default before performing the new calibration?
    • Monitor brightness and contrast: what initial values?  Or I will just adjust them in first step of calibration?
    • In Calibration Menu I have set Color Temp to 6500, White lever to 120, Tone to 2.2. ColorMunky Display has the capability to measure White point and level, but I remember reading in a few post in this forum better to set manual parameters, correct?

Thank you for your support

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by niccoc1603.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Colormunky is recognized propely by DisplayCal, what “Correction” do I have to select for my LG 27UD68P? I know this is a LED ISP monitor but I am not sure if I have to select “LCD White LED ISP” or “LCD RGB LED ISP”

This display seems to have a Rec. 709-like gamut, so probably white LED. You can check panel specifications at https://www.displayspecifications.com/

Do I have to reset any previous corrections currently applied through DisplayCal before performing the new calibration? If yes, how?

Do I have to reset monitor Colro Adjust Settings to default before performing the new calibration?

No.

Monitor brightness and contrast: what initial values? Or I will just adjust them in first step of calibration?

Brightness (backlight) should be set according to the environment you’re in. I.e., control ambient light, choose a setting that looks comfortable to you (not too bright, not too dim).

In Calibration Menu I have set Color Temp to 6500, White lever to 120, Tone to 2.2. ColorMunky Display has the capability to measure White point and level, but I remember reading in a few post in this forum better to set manual parameters, correct?

Seems reasonable.

niccoc1603
    Participant

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

what about this: I see from the menu “Check online for colorimeter correction” I have many options, do I have to select any?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hmm, I don’t see anything for LG 27UD68P in the database. Stick with the X-Rite spectral correction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS