Color Management setup in Windows

Home Forums Help and Support Color Management setup in Windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Aldo
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have some doubts how to finalize the calibration of my monitor. I went through the DisplayCal calibration using my Spyder 5 without issues.

Now my questioning is regarding the color management of Windows: DisplayCal is charging the calibrated ICC profile generated during the calibration process, but in the “Color Management” windows, what should I select as “Device Profile”  in the “Windows Color System Defaults” section? Should I selected the newly generated ICC Profile or something different?

Thanks a lot for your support?

David

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

but in the “Color Management” windows, what should I select as “Device Profile” in the “Windows Color System Defaults” section?

All the settings in the “Advanced” tab of Windows color management settings should be left at system default.

[ I do not know of any applications, including the ones that come with Windows itself, that use these settings for anything ]

Aldo
    Participant

Thanks a lot Florian!!!

stati
    Participant

Daily archeologist: the scRGB profile changes the gamma. Previously: my brand new WCG monitor displays too dark and hars colours. Mostly in reds. Reason of lack of my ColorMunky calibrator I wanted to try something else temporarly. So, as I figured out, this checkbox may allows to Windows it uses wider gamut and gamma than usual sRGB.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS