Color Management Profile Activation Problem

Home Forums Help and Support Color Management Profile Activation Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Davekal
    Participant

When I go to color management and activate the color profile I created in DisplayCal it activates the profile for a second or 2 and then the screen appears to go back to default settings. This happens over and over.

In addition I am getting popups from the Color Management System saying “The Devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change” when on the Color Management Page.

I am not sure why the profile is not staying as the default or why I am getting the popup

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When I go to color management and activate the color profile I created in DisplayCal it activates the profile for a second or 2 and then the screen appears to go back to default settings. This happens over and over.

Check your background programs. Something is interfering with loading of calibration.

In addition I am getting popups from the Color Management System saying “The Devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change” when on the Color Management Page.

That is normal. The Windows Color Management control panel does not auto-refresh. I recommend using DisplayCAL profile loader instead.

Davekal
    Participant

Installing the profile with display cal software helped me set the profile and it stayed activated long term. This did reproduce another problem that I was trying to diagnose earlier on.  Lightroom displays Gray Colors as blue with the profile activated as shown in the below attached images.

I ran a monitor calibration with DisplayCal software and a Spyder5 calibrator.  Everything looks great system wide but when I get to lightroom it seems that grays all have a blue hue to them for some reason? The histogram shows grays as blue on the Library tab and developer tab as well. I know that these images are not hued blue through past experience and also my editing laptop shows the histogram for these images with gray below the histogram color curve.

*I also attached my Calibration Settings*

What am I doing wrong?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Davekal.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Davekal.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The settings you are using don’t make sense. Use defaults.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS