Color Corrections

Home Forums Help and Support Color Corrections

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Photojohn
    Participant

Hello I have installed your software but when I get to the point when setting it up and I understand you can import color settings from other software (I downloaded Spyder 3 software) I selected the installation files for the spyder 3 pro (which I have) and it says cannot load cannot find CD or similar.

I can still go ahead anc calibrate but I am concerned it wont be right as I am not doing it right.

Should I just choose an option from the correction drop down list where it has many to choose with Matrix Spyder etc…. which do I need ?

thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you can import color settings from other software (I downloaded Spyder 3 software) I selected the installation files for the spyder 3 pro

The colorimeter corrections for the Spyder3 are not part of the Spyder3 software (there are no “official” Spyder3 colorimeter correction). You have to use “Auto” mode during import.

Photojohn
    Participant

Thank you very much for the quick reply…   can I just ask a couple more questions ?

I have an omen laptop with an IPS display in the software in MODE should I choose LCD (Generic) or Refresh (Generic)

In THIS GUID

Set the White level to custom and the value to 120 cd/m2 but in the software if I use the MEASURE option I sometimes get different readings. 118 at the moment but it was something like 230 last night. Should I just choose the 120 as the guide suggested

Sorry for all the questions

Florian Höch
    Administrator

118 at the moment but it was something like 230 last night

Does this Laptop employ some form of auto-dimming/powersaving? If so, that needs to be disabled during calibration & profiling.

Photojohn
    Participant

Yes I had already disabled the auto brightness feature…  don’t use it anyway

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There must be something else going on then, but it certainly seems related to the luminance changing – 120 vs 230 cd/m2 is a huge difference.

Photojohn
    Participant

I think it seemed to change as it warmed up. I gave it a while before trying to calibrate as the instructions said but it still got brighter over time ? I also have the brightness right up as its a fairly dull display

Anyway I used the measure option that gave me 250 and used that is it looks great to me

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is this an older laptop with CCFL backlight? Then it may take longer to warm up and brightness to stabilize (up to or even beyond an hour). Any type of LED backlit should be stable after half an hour.

If you’ve achieved a good result, there is no immediate need to be concerned, though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS