Chrome Issue and Question about L*

Home Forums Help and Support Chrome Issue and Question about L*

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Two issues have popped up for me with DisplayCal.

1. Not sure if its due to a recent Google Chrome update, but images are appearing with harsh transitions or pixelation in dark areas. I only just noticed it last night. This only happens when I have the calibration profile I created with DisplayCal active. If I de-activate it and reset video card gamma table, or if I use a profile from the Colormunki Display software, the pixelation does not happen. It also only occurs in Chrome, other browsers including FireFox and IE are fine. Any idea why?
    2. I’m familiar with L* having worked on quantitative color in the pharma industry, but I’m wondering how it should be interpreted on the verification report. Is there a nominal DeltaL* that the gamma curve should be below at each point? I noticed this was added to the verification report in a recent update.

Thanks!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There’s an easy way to test 1.

Use Firefox with gfx.color_management.enablev4 = true and gfx.color_management.mode = 1

Does the problem show as well? Then it’s the profile. Does it not show? Then it’s likely a Chrome bug and should probably reported on the Chromium bugtracker.

Is there a nominal DeltaL* that the gamma curve should be below at each point?

No. It is informational, like it was before.

Lockjaw333
    Participant

Doesn’t happen with firefox with the color management settings you posted. Seems to be a Chrome-only issue.

Thanks!

MW
    Participant

Chrome is matrix only at least on my Windows system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS