Changing monitor, advice needed

Home Forums General Discussion Changing monitor, advice needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MRGR
    Participant

I currently have ViewSonic VP2768, among various other issues, I never managed to hardware calibrate it. Colorbration+ always crashes mid trough  calibration process (tried v1.1.0.x and v.1.2.0.0). After waiting for moths for help from ViewSonics customer support I gave up and decided to swap it for monitor that actually works. I need decent sRGB QHD 27″ monitor, though I’d consider a good FHD 27″ monitor as well.

My colleagues use mix of various Dell U and HP Z monitors, but most have both software and panel (especially on >27″ monitors) issues. New NEC EA271Q and EA271U or second hand EIZO CS2731 fit in my budget, so I would appreciate if members that have experience with these monitors, as well as, SpectraView and ColorNavigator would share it. Also, is there any other 27″ monitor up to 1000 usd/eur I should consider?

I own i1Display Pro Plus/ColorChecker Display Plus colorimeter, but I’m willing to swap it for something else if needed.

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Spectraview II software for calibrating greyscale inside monitor is paid software (or it was), it may vary between stores ~100euro. It may be a small cost for bigger PA displays but IMHO it’s to expensive for EAs.
    ColorNavigator uses GB-LED EDR correction for WLED PFS displays like CS2731 but Eizo APAC uploaded an EDR to replace the GB-LED EDR. Check Lift Gamma Gain forums. But at least ColorNavigator is free.

Benq has good sRGB monitors for reasonabvle prices in their PD line, but no HW cal (you can use DWMLUT with visually equivalent results). Beware when measuring these new sRGB models, they are likely to be WLED PFS phosphor but “limited” to sRGB. You can check colorimeter correction database or use PFS_family CCSS bundled with displaycal.

MRGR
    Participant

Thank you! NEC mostly discontinued PA models. I expected better from Eizo, situation is rather grim if you need hardware calibration and can’t spend over 1000 euro.

Vincent
    Participant

Benq PD series + DWMLUT (if you worry about banding because you do not have an AMD GPU) is a low cost solution but with high changes os success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS