Changing brightness after calibration is done?

Home Forums Help and Support Changing brightness after calibration is done?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Hi! What happens if one changes  the brightness of the screen after all is done, does the calibration gets screwed or all gets scaled properly? Should we make a calibration for different working environments with different brightness levels?

Thingking oit loud, I have not seen this implemented by anyone, but would it be possible to emmbedd the brightness level on the ICM file and the the loader to actually change the brightness level of the computer on the control panel automatically. I know this might not work on every computer but laptops have the brightness control by software.

Anyway. If not possible, is a good practice to have a new full calibration for different brightness levels? I take response changes so may be measuring once and profiling at differents brightness would not cut it since measuring would have different values right?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What happens if one changes the brightness of the screen after all is done, does the calibration gets screwed […]

Basically yes.

[…] would it be possible to emmbedd the brightness level on the ICM file and the the loader to actually change the brightness level of the computer on the control panel automatically […]

Under Linux, something like that is already possible for Laptops. There is no standardized API for this for standalone monitors though.

[…] is a good practice to have a new full calibration for different brightness levels?

Yes.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Is there a standardized API you could use in the future for laptop monitors under Windows to either choose the closest calibration to the selected brightness or the change the brightness to the selected calibration?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is there a standardized API you could use in the future for laptop monitors under Windows

Under Windows, there’s this [1] but I have a feeling it’ll only work for Laptops (it did nothing on my desktop monitor).

[1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa394536%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

well…  your desktop monitor brighness is not handled the same way right? You can’t change the brigthness of it with a hotkey, but you can on a Laptop. Anyways. just an idea, not trying to add more headaches to your list 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS