Change 6-Axis or let the LUT do all work?

Home Forums Help and Support Change 6-Axis or let the LUT do all work?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a Dell UP2716D monitor. It has a Custom Color mode, with RGB Gain, Offset, Hue, Saturation controls. I want to calibrate to AdobeRGB D65, 2.4 gamma, 100cd/m2. Then create a 3DLUT for Resolve GUI. Is it better to adjust RGB Gain during Interactive Display Adjustment? Or is it okay to have the LUT do all the work?

The reason I ask, is that in the Custom Color mode, the RGB Gain can’t be changed, unless I disable Uniformity Compensation. When I disable it, the screen is not very uniform. So I’d rather keep it enabled. The only control that I adjust during Interactive adjustment, is the brightness, to bring it down to 100cd/m2.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Is it better to adjust RGB Gain during Interactive Display Adjustment? Or is it okay to have the LUT do all the work?

You can let the 3D LUT do all the work, it might only be beneficial to adjust the whitepoint using monitor controls if it’s used for different (non 3D LUT) viewing as well.

Definitely don’t use 6-axis (e.g. CMY/hue/sat) controls though as these tend to introduce nonlinearities (adjusting gains is fine).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS