CCSS For Neo-Qleds

Home Forums General Discussion CCSS For Neo-Qleds

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jamiegibson
    Participant

Hey guys, I cannot find  any ccss for Samsung Neo-Qleds anywhere. Does anybody know where i can find one? If not, what display type should i be using? Ive just been using non refresh display.

Thanks in advance

Nawual
    Participant

Hello, did you find the ccss for Samsung Neo-Qleds? I just bought the QN85C model and I would like to calibrate it.

Vincent
    Participant

If there is no custom user CCSS for your model:
    -if P3 display use the Samsung TV bundled with DisplayCAL.
    -if it has AdoberGB green, P3 red primaries you can try some Asus PG from community database with those primaries, fro example PA32UCG.

Jamiegibson
    Participant

No sir, i did not. Pretty sure nobody has ever made one yet.

Jamiegibson
    Participant

Excellent. But whats a p3 display? or adobe what now? sorry, new to all of this. And i actually havent even used any of the software from displaycal, ive just been using hcfr. But ill give displaycal a go and see what it looks like in comparison.

Jamiegibson
    Participant

..double post

Jamiegibson
    Participant

Okay, I get it, kind of. It’s a tv that has bt2020 as an option and doesn’t fill 2020. But it does go beyond dci/p3. But I’ve been selecting p3/bt2020 as a target, which is just about perfect. But I don’t know how accurate the raw data is.

Vincent
    Participant

Okay, I get it, kind of. It’s a tv that has bt2020 as an option and doesn’t fill 2020.

Because it does not bahave (usually) as you think, but like some built in translator thad accepts rec2020 RGB content and auto translates to other RGB numbers in native colorspace that, as long as those colors are in gamut, match the XYZ coords of the RGB numbers in rec2020 feed to display.

But it does go beyond dci/p3. But I’ve been selecting p3/bt2020 as a target, which is just about perfect. But I don’t know how accurate the raw data is.

Usually the easiest way to use as computer monitor (in a color managed workflow) is to do not use those rec2020 but a plain native colorspace with full access to RGB gain/offset.

Vincent
    Participant

Excellent. But whats a p3 display? or adobe what now? sorry, new to all of this.

where are native primaries? that will answer your questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS