CCMX or CCSS

Home Forums Help and Support CCMX or CCSS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rehf
    Participant

Hello,

I have an i1 Pro 3 spectro and i1 Display Pro 3 colorimeter.  I want to make some corrections for my colorimeter for my displays.

1. Alienware AW3423DW (QD-OLED Panel)
    2. LG  27GL83A-B (Nano IPS)

Would there be any advantage to making a CCSS correction for them rather than a CCMX?

Thank you.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

CCSS can be shared, CCMX cannot. Since this is a community we encourage you to share CCSS for all your displays. You can use CCMX for you, but share CCSS.

Also on displays with very narrow peaks colorimeter may catch some light that your 10nm spectro cannot (3nm if ArgyllCMS is able to work with i1Pro3).
    On those displays with RGB OLED/ QLED backlight peaks on spectral power distribution are broad enough to be captured even at 10nm (previous statements does not apply) but you may expect up to 3dE error if you are not using 3nm mode. At least other close  technologies behave that way (GB-LED) in 10nm vs 3nm.

Anyway:
    CCMX = made my corrected devide measure the same as my reference device (and if it is not a refreence device, like with narrow SPD peaks, corrected device will carry the same error)
    CCSS = use an Spectral power distribution sample to auto correct muy device, trusting fimrware spectral sensivity data.

3nm CCMX on i1d3 and 3nm CCSS on i1d3 should give close results if i1d3 is well behaved.

If your reference device is a true reference device )a JETI Specboss, a CR probe) CCMX is adviced for your own measurements.

EP98
    Participant

Isn’t 3nm mode on a i1 Pro 3 just an algorithm and not as good as a actual Hi res Jeti or CR? Meaning it’s not good enough for QD OLED?

QD OLED has very narrow peaks is a 10nm i1 Pro 3 sufficient enough?

And will 3nm mode actually be good enough for calibrating QD OLED? Like for S95B, A95K, and AW3423DW.

Would CCMX ir CCSS be better for QD OLED? 

Also for QD LCD (not OLED but LCD) is 10nm sufficient enough?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by EP98.

Vincent
    Participant

Isn’t 3nm mode on a i1 Pro 3 just an algorithm and not as good as a actual Hi res Jeti or CR?

No

Meaning it’s not good enough for QD OLED?

RGB OLED, QD OLED, QLED and all that stuff have no narrow peaks.

QD OLED has very narrow peaks is a 10nm i1 Pro 3 sufficient enough?

explained above

And will 3nm mode actually be good enough for calibrating QD OLED? Like for S95B, A95K, and AW3423DW.

Explained above

Would CCMX ir CCSS be better for QD OLED? 

Explained on previous message

Also for QD LCD (not OLED but LCD) is 10nm sufficient enough?

Explained on previous message.

Plot those spectral power distribution using DisplayCAL utility or ArgyllCMS’ specpot an you’ll have your answers.

All are more or less the same. Same shape. The different one is WLED PFS.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Vincent.

EP98
    Participant

No meaning i1 Pro 2 hi res doesn’t perform as good as a jeti?

I keep hearing from professional calibrators that you’ll need a 5nm spectro to calibrate QD-OLED and i1 Pro 2 isn’t good enough.

How do I plot SPD and how do I know if the 10nm is sufficient?

Vincent
    Participant

No meaning i1 Pro 2 hi res doesn’t perform as good as a jeti?

obviously  i1pro/i1pro2/i1pro3 3nm is not even close to a JETI specbos.

I keep hearing from professional calibrators that you’ll need a 5nm spectro to calibrate QD-OLED and i1 Pro 2 isn’t good enough.

If they use CalMAN they are locked to 10nm with an xrite spectro. If you use ARgyllCMS you don’t.

If you need to use Calman you can get correction at 3nm with ARgyllCMS and then port it to CALMAN using its custom matrix correction. This has been discussed on other threads… find them.

How do I plot SPD and how do I know if the 10nm is sufficient?

if 1nm reference plot has spikes that get diluted at 10nm it is nit enough… for example a WLED PFS (prad.de review CG2700S).
    Backlights with not so narrow spike as GB-LED or other may improve using 3nm because main blue wavelength in peak and z-bar function. Read documentation about std obs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS