CC Display Plus + Colormunki Driver Setup

Home Forums Help and Support CC Display Plus + Colormunki Driver Setup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ax Ks
    Participant

How do I setup my drivers in Windows 10 to use both my Display Plus and Colormunki with HCFR and DisplayCal at the same time?
    I tried the Eye-one 3(argyll) driver, and Display Cal was recognizing my Display Plus incorrectly as a Colormunki.

Vincent
    Participant

You should not be able to run 2 apps accesing the HID handler of i1d3 at the same time. One each time.

Also it dows not matter how it is recongnized because all they work in the same way. They are i1d3. Also do not use driver, let OS manage it as HID device.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Ax Ks
    Participant

I updated the driver to HID device, and now I am able to access CCprofiler. If I uninstall CCprofiler, you’re saying I should be able to access DisplayCAL and HCFR at the same time(separately)?
    I just want to be 100% sure, because getting CCprofiler working took a looong time. The problem with DisplayCal recognizing it as a Colormunki, is that it only lets me calibrate a “refresh” or “non-refresh” screen for Display Type.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Ax Ks.

Vincent
    Participant

You cannot measure patches with the same device in the same second with two apps. One each time.
    DisplayCAL/HCFR do not need drivers for i1d3.

You are wrong about display type. Use spectral corrections, same as i1Profiler but with DIsplayCAL you have MORE (a lot) display types. Read DisplayCAL doc & screenshots. It does not matter refresh/npn refresh.

Ax Ks
    Participant

Got it, I’ll try that out, thank you. Next question isn’t about DisplayCal, so I understand if you refuse to answer but; Can I profile a CRT monitor with CCprofiler instead?

Vincent
    Participant

Can you choose a CRT spectral correction in i1Profiler/ccProfiler?

Ax Ks
    Participant

No, there’s no correction for that. HCFR can correctly grey-scale calibrate the CRT, but CCprofiler sets the brightness way too high. I’ll download DisplayCal and check that out later.

Vincent
    Participant

No, there’s no correction for that. HCFR can correctly grey-scale calibrate the CRT

No, it can unless that old CRT is as super advanced as some new TV with 10point grayscale. HCFR can MEASURE it.

You’ll need an app that make full scale grey calibration and embed it in an iCC, like DIsplayCAL or CCprofiler.

, but CCprofiler sets the brightness way too high.

Very likely to be user misconfiguration, for example using DDC/CI in an old CRT that is unlikely to have such tech. Use manual RGB gain & brightness setting.

Vincent
    Participant

Typo

No, it can

“No, it can’t”

Ax Ks
    Participant

I put the spectral correction on “CRT” and that did it! I calibrated the white and black points at a .64 candela black level, and after a 2 hour profiling it looks sick. The HCFR greyscale looked correct, but had some noticeable green undertones on further inspection, so DisplayCal was definitely the correct tool for the job.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS