Can’t tell if profile is activated

Home Forums Help and Support Can’t tell if profile is activated

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MichaelP
    Participant

Hello,

been years since the last time I profiled a display. I’m newbie in this, just using basic stuff to get some more decent and uniform display on my computers.

I now have this laptop running Windows 10 (1909 IIRC), on which I downloaded and installed the latest version of displaycal. Did a simple profile and calibrate using the the “laptop 2.2 gamma” target. I had selected the profile to be loaded via the displacal loader. After calibration I elected the profile to be also installed as system default in Windows. I can see the profile is there.

My question is: shouldn’t I be able to see better values when doing a “Report on calibrated display device”? As it is, I’m receiving the exact same data, regardless if I’m doing a calibrated or uncalibrated device report…

For the record, I uninstalled everything, profiles and stuff and used plain Argyll as instructed in http://www.marcelpatek.com/argyll.php , whereas after loading the generated profile with dispwin profile.cal and running dispcal -R I obtained a report corresponding to the calibrated display (judging from the white point and very low ΔE values).

Any help will be appreciated to troubleshoot this.

PS: for some reason your activation email went directly to my spam folder in Gmail. Just a FYI.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS