Can’t start just says “Display Cal already running”

Home Forums Help and Support Can’t start just says “Display Cal already running”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I’m running DisplayCal latest version on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and when I’m trying to start DisplayCal it just says “DisplayCal already running” but that’s not the case.

I have tried to re-install it and also I have tried to reboot my MBP but it don’t work. How can I fix this?

skeero
    Participant

I went through this last night and fixed it by creating a new user profile on my Mac, installing the software on there, and then once it’s loaded into your Color Profiles in System Preferences, I did a google search for where your profiles are stored (Library > ColorSync > Profiles), and then went into there and copy/pasted it on a thumb drive.  Logged out of the 2nd user profile, back into my main one, and copied it into the same folder.  Voila.  It’s a stupid work-around but it does work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried to re-install DisplayCal also and it’s the same issue – Developer you need to take a look at this.

nik.bernadsky
    Participant

The bug persists under Windows too, only when the latest version has been used.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, but how can I find the old release so I can revert back to it? I can’t have it like this!

Gavin B
    Participant

I’m having this same issue, has anyone worked out a solution yet?

Gavin B
    Participant

I found a workaround, delete the preference files .plist for DisplayCAL in Libraries/Preferences.

Was able to open up the application once this was done. Although I was prompted to re-download argyllCMS

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Gavin B.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Delete DisplayCAL.lock in %APPDATA%\DisplayCAL and do not force quit the application.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS