Can't install Argyll Driver for Spyder5 again

Home Forums Help and Support Can't install Argyll Driver for Spyder5 again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sechsuhrmorgens
    Participant

Hello,

I already did a succesful setup and calibration with DisplayCal on Windows10 but wanted to compare it to the original Datacolor software. So I uninstalled displaycal with the uninstaller and the Argyll driver from the device manager.

Now I want to switch back to DisplayCal but am unable to install the Argyll driver again. I’ve followed the instructions from the quickstart manual (deinstall datacolor software, deinstall the spyder5 driver from the device manager) but installing the Argyll driver through the DisplayCal software doesn’t seem to do anything. The install finishes without any errors, but the driver isn’t showing up in the device manager at all. When I plug in the Spyder5, it just installs the original Spyder5 datacolor driver again, so for me it seems like the install of the Argyll driver just isn’t working.

Several uninstalls later, nothing has changed. Has anyone any kind of tip for me? I already searched the forum but the only similar case I found was a antivirus blocking the install, which isn’t the case here.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

If you want to install (and assign) the ArgyllCMS driver automatically, and the Spyder5 vendor driver was already installed prior at some point (and is still on the system), then you need to connect the instrument before installing the ArgyllCMS driver. Otherwise, use device manager to switch drivers.

sechsuhrmorgens
    Participant

Thanks alot, this worked out actually!

The tutorial I followed stated explicitly that you shouldn’t have the device plugged in while installing the Argyll driver, but they were wrong I guess.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS