Can’t get dual monitors to match blacks.

Home Forums Help and Support Can’t get dual monitors to match blacks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

inemity SourceForge

I used all of the default settings when I ran DispcalGUI, except for whitepoint. I set that to 6500k on both monitors. I made sure the brightness was set the same, and then I ran the calibration, but one of my monitors has a yellowish tint to it, and the other is a deep black that actually looks decent. I was wonderinf if this is a setting I can use to fix, or if it’s just my monitor itself that’s the issue?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

there may be a way to better match the blacks, but you’ll loose contrast ratio on the monitor with the ‘deep’ blacks. Here’s what you do:

1. Run a “Report on uncalibrated display device” (“Tools” menu) on both displays. Afterwards, look at the reported black level (in cd/m2) and note the highest(!) value of both displays.
    2. In the “Options” menu, enable “Show advanced options”.
    3. On the “Calibration” tab, set black level to “Custom”, enter the previously noted black level value, and set black point correction to a value above 0%, e.g. 50% or even 100%.
    4. Use these calibration settings for both displays and calibrate & profile them again.

inemity SourceForge

I tried using white and black level drift compensation to see if maybe that’ll help it out a bit, and it always stops working and says that theprofile wasn’t finished.

inemity SourceForge

Dispread.exe, that’s wht crashes.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I tried using white and black level drift compensation to see if maybe that’ll help it out a bit

It’s not related to black point mismatch, but it can help device drift (instrument + display). What instrument are you using?

it always stops working and says that theprofile wasn’t finished. Dispread.exe, that’s wht crashes.

Please post the log after the failure, thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS