can’t get Dispal to find Argyll folder after Ubuntu upgrade

Home Forums Help and Support can’t get Dispal to find Argyll folder after Ubuntu upgrade

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jon Iverson
    Participant

After nearly seven years, I recently did a fresh install of Ubuntu 22.04. I had Dispcal installed on my prior version, 18.04, but I have run into an issue with the current version. First, I wasn’t able to simply install Dispcal from Ubuntu software because it reported an installation could not occur due to missing dependencies. Some research suggested installing flatpak and then the program that way. Turned out fine, the program starts and seems to be working except I am unable to direct it to the Argyll folder. I’ve tried everything- making sure the folder was copied into the bin folder as indicated. Seems like the folder is invisible to the program although other folders and files are showing. I even went so far as to copy the contents of the Argyll bin folder into the actual Ubuntu bin folder (taking note of the exact file names so I could remove them later as installing like this is not recommended), but Dispcal still couldn’t see them. As a last resort, I tried bin, then folder contents placement, into the Ubuntu flatpak folder but still to no avail. I am using the latest versions of both Dispcal and Argyll. I would appreciate some guidance as to getting Argyll, bin, or its contents recognized by Dispcal. Thank you in advance.

Jon Iverson
    Participant

Note to self and for future reference:  Solved.  Must allow flatpak permissions!

flatpak override –filesystem=home

allows permission, issue solved

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS