Can't find Argyll drivers for iOne Display 2 OR Spyder4

Home Forums Help and Support Can't find Argyll drivers for iOne Display 2 OR Spyder4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Geekstyle59
    Participant

A couple of days ago, Windows Defender (Win 10) found something and said I needed to re-install Windows. that I may lose programs, but would not lose files. Data Cal is the last one to re-install. I’ve only installed it once before and can’t even remember  which colorimeter I used!

I have made multiple attempts to re-install Display Cal without success. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and have tried with both colorimeters without success.

PLEASE help!

Main use is with Lightroom 5, PS Elements 14, DxO Photo Lab and other such image editing programs. I sell prints and REALLY need to have accurate color which is why I switched from the colorimeters’ software.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Geekstyle59.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Geekstyle59
    Participant

This message also shows up:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You seem to have two different DisplayCAL installations on your system. Technically, that is not a problem, but it is unnecessary, and a source for confusion. You should remove any redundant installations.

To install drivers for your instruments, connect them to your computer and select “Install ArgyllCMS instrument drivers” in the “Tools” menu.

Geekstyle59
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Thank you SO MUCH! Based on what you said, I ended up:

1. installing Iobit uninstaller;
    2. Successfully removing all traces of Display Cal;
    3. Removing all traces of iOne display and Spyder colorimeters;
    4. Through trial and error ( a lot of error), figuring out how to reinstall everything and in the proper order;
    5. Ended up going back to the original install disk for the iOne display;
    6. Successfully calibrating and creating the profile installing the profile at system level.

Of course it took a few hours because I had not done it for so long. But I am very happy with the results. When I have money again, I will contribute something to keep this all available.

One more question, though. When using both colorimeter softwares, a 1 month reminder to check the calibration always turned up. I do not find this in Display Cal. What is your suggestion for rechecking so that I can mark my calendar?  I know it is said that newer displays don’t drift as much as old ones, but just wondering if my now rather old display falls into that category so one month intervals may be overkill.

Thank you again. My stress level can now return to normal!

Jean

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What is your suggestion for rechecking so that I can mark my calendar?

This depends on how critical your requirements are. My estimation: For home use, every other month is likely to suffice. For semi-professional or professional use, anywhere from several times a week over weekly to monthly.

I know it is said that newer displays don’t drift as much as old ones, but just wondering if my now rather old display falls into that category

That mainly depends on the backlight. If it’s CCFL, it’ll likely drift more and/or quicker than LED-type backlights.

Geekstyle59
    Participant

Thank you again!

Geekstyle59
    Participant

Just check it out. My monitor has “LED edge light.”

Florian Höch
    Administrator

My monitor has “LED edge light.”

That’s likely a white LED backlight then.

Geekstyle59
    Participant

Thank you once again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS