Cannot open 3D LUT maker

Home Forums Help and Support Cannot open 3D LUT maker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ocean
    Participant

I downloaded and installed DisplayCal.

I need to make a 3Dlut with the 3Dlut maker, but it doesn’t open.

It’s a 115kb file and double clicking gets the error message “this application could not be opened”

Why is this? Is this a dysfunctional software?

For three weeks I have been trying to calibrate the viewer window of my DaVinci Resolve 14.2 app, but I get from problem to problem.

This is just the latest. You have a software that could do what you want. Only: it doesn’t even open.

Why?

I’m on os High Sierra on a 2012 macbook pro.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Ocean.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Loose the attitude please, otherwise you won’t get help from me. I know this is the internet, but a good rule of thumb is if you wouldn’t be willing to say something to someone when face-to-face, you probably shouldn’t do so online. Thanks.

Ocean
    Participant

I just read the post again, and most likely it was the word “dysfunctional” that offended you.

Sorry. I didn’t mean to say it was bad.

I should have just said it doesn’t open on my system.

I’m feeling a lot of pressure. I client is waiting and I can’t finish the grade. The export of my great looking grade looked horrible – brightness and contrast is totally off (the colors seem to be OK)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s just the passive-agressive attitude that was showing in your original post that I found irritating. I have sympathy for your current situation with your client, but it is not related in any way to the software you’re trying to use, so not sure why it should be relevant. I also consider it due diligence to set up a working system prior to taking up client work, and not venting any stress that is caused by not adhering to this basic practice on unrelated parties (especially when said parties are perfectly willing to help in the first place). Then again, live and let live, I’m not really feeling vindictive.

That said, possible reasons why you can’t open the 3D LUT maker:

a) The app resides in the wrong place on your computer – it needs to sit right next to the main DisplayCAL app (inside the same folder).

b) There was an error when you ran the terminal command to remove the quarantine flag (you can check this by typing echo $? in the terminal after running the command – anything other than an output of 0 means there was some issue), or you didn’t run it in the correct location (i.e. don’t run it on the disk image contents, copy them to your computer and then run the command).

c) You are disallowing apps from identified 3rd party developers in System Preferences -> Security & Privacy.

If it’s not that, I’m out of ideas. It certainly isn’t an incompatibility with macOS 10.13 (I’m currently on 10.13.5 and it’s working fine), although macOS is somewhat of an hostile environment for 3rd party developers due to Apple’s restrictive policing and lock-down of their platform (the whole xattr shenanigans is just needed because of that).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS