Cannot calibrate XPS 7590 4k with i1display pro. Have researched to no avail.

Home Forums General Discussion Cannot calibrate XPS 7590 4k with i1display pro. Have researched to no avail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

thevisi0nary
    Participant

Hello. Trying to color calibrate my screen for accurate photo editing. I ordered an i1display pro, and tried it with the iprofiler, dell premiere color, and display cal. All of them produce a strange saturated effect that is very similar. Has anyone been through this process and tell me the steps that they took?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Fab.
    Participant

Are you referring to XPS 9570? Same problem here.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is not enough information to go by. Can you give a detailed example? What program(s) (image editor/viewer) are you using?

lee469
    Participant

I just got a dell laptop too. I have spyder 3 elite and calibration was bad. First, you need to uninstall dell premier color software as apparently it will override your new profiles.  Just purchased xrite i1 display pro plus. I will try to calibrate again with xrite and display cal to hopefully get a good calibration. I will let you know how it works out. Never had any problems calibrating various monitors or laptops like hp or asus. Dell is different.

Sdlallo
    Participant

Thank you.
    I gave up on this.

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you.
    I gave up on this.

Go back and answer yourself the questions Florian asked. This is the key to understand what you are seeing.

Hint: if you use non color managed apps and that Dell laptop has a widegamut screen you are going to see oversaturated colors (unless there is some vendor app to limit gamut to sRGB).
    Use color managed apps : Firefox (+a little extra configuration, google it hot to enable full color management in firefox), GIMP, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, some video players like MPC with madVR, old windows image viewer (not  WIndows 10 Photos), Canikon Raw software, etc…

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Vincent.

Sdlallo
    Participant

Thank you.
    I gave up on this.

Go back and answer yourself the questions Florian asked. This is the key to understand what you are seeing.

Hint: if you use non color managed apps and that Dell laptop has a widegamut screen you are going to see oversaturated colors (unless there is some vendor app to limit gamut to sRGB).
    Use color managed apps : Firefox (+a little extra configuration, google it hot to enable full color management in firefox), GIMP, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, some video players like MPC with madVR, old windows image viewer (not  WIndows 10 Photos), Canikon Raw software, etc…

Hi. Sorry, didn’t want to sound rude. I have problems with professional app like Photoshop CC, Premier Pro and so on.
    I’m not saying the issue is related to DisplayCal, that’s a great application.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS