Cannot calibrate my Eizo after using DisplayCal

Home Forums Help and Support Cannot calibrate my Eizo after using DisplayCal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

brntoki
    Participant

I thought I found the right solution to calibrate my 27inch iMac display using my ex2/Spyder 4 from my Eizo monitor through DisplayCal. But, depressingly, telling my Mac to see the ex2/Spyder 4 as a normal Spyder 4 has totally screwed up Colornavigator and there seems to be no way whatsoever to get rid of the driver that is the issue. What a headache!

I’ve uninstalled Agryll, Displaycal, ColorNavigator, reinstalled, reset vram, the smc, and even stood on my head for a while. It WILL not work. Very frustrating. Anyone know what I can do about this?

Edit:

Late 2015 iMac, MacOs X Catalina

Installed the “correct” drivers to use the ex2 as a Spyder4 through DisplayCal prompts.

I’ve also gone through system files looking for anything I can and deleted a couple of things that seemed left after the uninstall (through AppCleaner).

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by brntoki.

brntoki
    Participant

Okay . . . I guess I didn’t read the fine print.

Eizo decides to roll out a version of Colornavigator for Catalina, but that doesn’t support a bunch of their proprietary devices! Freakin’ morons!

Sorry, the problem isn’t that Displaycal wasn’t playing nice. I had a similar issue moons ago where I had to scrub drivers installed to my Windows machine by Displaycal in order to get back to using the same colorometer with Colornavigator and assumed it must be the same issue.

Think I’ll install a Mojave instance just for calibrating. Oh joy! But relatively painless.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Just to note, on Windows you switch drivers using Device Manager (see documentation), no need to scrub anything.

brntoki
    Participant

Good to remind people of that possibility. I don’t quite remember how I worked it out, but being a Windows user pretty much requires a fond relationship with Device Manager for sure ;).

Happy that DisplayCal exists, though. Really made my 27inch 5k iMac display a LOT nicer. Just too damn much contrast and no way to get rid of it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS