Can you calibrate external laptop monitors?

Home Forums General Discussion Can you calibrate external laptop monitors?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

relativenormality
    Participant

Hello,

I will soon be getting a Dell 7530 with a P2000.

There are Thunderbolt ports on it which I assume I will need use to connect to my external screens using some kind of adapter to displayport

A couple of years ago I bought a pluggable USB 3 to DisplayPort adapter to get another external screen for something. Tried to calibrate it and failed as I since discovered there is no where to load the LUT into! It was just a USB device and not an actual graphics card.

Is this still the same situation with laptops and external monitors? I will have a laptop with a P2000 connecting to external screens but nowhere to load calibration LUTs or is the situation different now?

Thanks for any help on this.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

A couple of years ago I bought a pluggable USB 3 to DisplayPort adapter to get another external screen for something. Tried to calibrate it and failed as I since discovered there is no where to load the LUT into! It was just a USB device and not an actual graphics card.

Is this still the same situation with laptops and external monitors?

It should work as long as the external monitor is connected to an actual graphics output. USB3 won’t work, Thunderbolt should.

relativenormality
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks. It has a display port out as well so I assume that will work.

Currently own a Spder4Pro – never really thought much of their software – looking forward to trying out yours this time round!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS