CAN NOT INSTALL DISPLAYCAL via ZEROINSTALL ON WINDOWS XP

Home Forums Help and Support CAN NOT INSTALL DISPLAYCAL via ZEROINSTALL ON WINDOWS XP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

matej
    Participant

HI !

Trying to install DisplayCAL via zeroinstall on Windows XP SP3. Uninstalled antivirus.  Tried on multiple computers with the same operating system.  When zeroinstall starts with the download from ” http://sourceforge.net/projects/dispcalgui/files/3dparty/7z_9.20_win32.7z ” i get pop-up window  saying: ” Failed to download http://sourceforge.net/projects/dispcalgui/files/3dparty/7z_9.20_win32.7z

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occured on a send. Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ”

I am trying to install displaycal on many machines with WINDOWS  XP SP3 and i always get the same result. No problems with zero install  on Windows 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Pentium 4, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP3

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I would strongly recommend ditching XP, it is not supported by Microsoft anymore since over four years, and I would consider it a high risk OS since it doesn’t receive any more updates. It may be OK to use when not connected to the internet or any other form of public network.

It lacks recent SSL root certificates, which is why your connection (or any secure connection) fails.

If you absolutely must use DisplayCAL on a XP machine, use the standalone version, but note that you’ll not be able to receive automatic updates (for the reason stated above, a secure connection is required).

matej
    Participant

Thank you for your swift reply !

I somehow suspected XP lacking support might be the cause for my problem, but could not confirm that. I will use standalone version and/or update to higher version of OS as you suggested.

Also, thank you for a splendid peace of free software. I made a contribution.

MATEJ LESJAK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS