Can I use DisplayCal to calibrate a Vizio PQX for sdr/hdr movie content?

Home Forums General Discussion Can I use DisplayCal to calibrate a Vizio PQX for sdr/hdr movie content?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Monero
    Participant

Is DisplayCal appropriate to use when wanting to calibrate and HDTV for movies and TV content? Or is DisplayCal strictly for calibrating PC montiors?

If DisplayCal can be used for HDTV calibration, is there a step by step workflow I should follow?

What correction should I use in DisplayCal? I see stuff for OLEDs and PC monitor stuff, but nothing for QLED LED TVs.

What the hell is a 3d LUT?

Clearly I’m pretty new to the calibration game so any assistance would be helpful. Thanks!

Vincent
    Participant

You can use DisplayCAL for detailed validation about how your display is close to Rec709 and gamma 2.x.
    For calibration is better to use displaycal cousin HCFR, uses ArgyllCMS code for instrument access & measuring.

There is a QLED Samsung CCSS for i1d3 colorimeters bundled with displayCAL. If it is not visible to HCFR copy it from one folder to another.

Regarding calibration you’ll  have to move to the OSD in TV that allows you to access CMS. With single RGBCMY 100 saturation patches use saturation controsl to fix colorspace, use gains + color temp presets for white point and use 10-20 point grayscale to fix grey color & gamma using grey ramp patches.
    If TV is very limited in features maybe there is no saturation controls. Also if TV is low quality maybe you have to choose an alternative whitepoint to D65 (closest daylight white to native white for example) if greyscale is uncorrectable in color when you set white to D65 .

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Vincent.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS