calibration turns everything blue

Home Forums Help and Support calibration turns everything blue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Digininja
    Participant

I’ve got a three LCD monitor set up on Win8.1, all three screens are Samsung but different models. To my eye, one looks pretty good with whites as white, one has a hint of blue and the other a hint of yellow. I’m not a designer, don’t need very  accurate colours, just fed up of noticing the colour difference when a white window spans over two screens.

I got a Huey with the hope of balancing things out but I’m having trouble. I’ve started DisplayCAL and started on the blue monitor, in the calibration phase, I’ve used the monitor controls to get the RGB bars and the brightness into the middle but to do that I needed to drop the red level down to almost 0 making the display much bluer. I was hoping that the profiling would sort it out and bring things back but after the half hour run the display still looked more blue than before. I’ve also tried it on the white monitor and on that it wanted the red level dropping to about 15 which made that display much more blue.

The Huey is second hand but sold as perfectly working, could it be faulty? Is there something I’m missing? What should my next step be to try to get all screens to have white whites?

The blue monitor is the primary one if that matters, it and the white one are driven off the same Nvidia card while the yellow one is a DisplayLink USB card.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Have a look at the entry about monitor matching in the FAQ. Also, the Huey is an old device that is no longer manufactured, its filters may have degraded to a point where they are no longer usable for accurate measurements.

Digininja
    Participant

I’ve not seen anything in the docs that helps so I guess it is probably a warn out device, is there an easy way to tell before I give up on it?

As I’m only looking to try to sync the three screens to the same white level, what would be a good cheap device to try to buy? Happy to get either cheap and new or something better but second hand.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve not seen anything in the docs that helps so I guess it is probably a warn out device, is there an easy way to tell before I give up on it?

There are two entries in the FAQ related to the topic at hand, in this very forum.

As I’m only looking to try to sync the three screens to the same white level, what would be a good cheap device to try to buy? Happy to get either cheap and new or something better but second hand.

ColorMunki Display.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS