Calibration settings

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration settings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

betazoid
    Participant

Hi, I am new to Displaycal.

I have created a few profiles with the program. I have found out that I achieve the best results with the predefined setting “Office & Web”. However, I am not 100% satisfied with the calibration. I am using the ECI monitor test images as help and I have noticed that the darkest tones are a little bit too dark (I cannot see the second dark ECI at all) and the lightest tones are a little bit too dark (the light grey/white ECI watermarks).

I guess I have to change something in the calibration settings but how do I do that? (white level, black level, black output offset, black point correction? What does all that mean?)

Is there a way to edit the calibration curves manually?

Thanks in advance for the help

Anna

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I am using the ECI monitor test images as help and I have noticed that the darkest tones are a little bit too dark (I cannot see the second dark ECI at all)

How do you view the test images (i.e. in which program with what settings?) This is also very dependent on your ambient lighting. If the room is too bright and/or too much light is falling on (and reflected back off) the monitor, then it will be hard to make out dark details, for example.

and the lightest tones are a little bit too dark (the light grey/white ECI watermarks).

According to the documentation, they should be visible, and not vanish into the light background, so everything seems to be in order.

Note that these test images originate from a time where CRTs were still in use, and the correct setting of the “brighntess” and “contrast” control was much more critical (LCDs usually have only one correct “contrast” setting which is the factory default, and “brightness” or “backlight” can be adjusted to whichever value suits the user and situation).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS