Calibration seems to be inaccurate

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration seems to be inaccurate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Daxelinho
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve tried to calibrate my monitor (BenQ XL2730Z) with the Spyder5 using a specific white level of 120 cd/m² and a whitepoint of 6500K. Everything else should be on default settings. I created a Curves + matrix profile with 79 testcharts and activated the Black point compensation. After the process was completed it seems to be pretty decent.

But using the Verification-section to ensure everything is fine the results were not the best.

Measured vs. assumed target whitepoint ΔE*00

Measured vs. display profile whitepoint ΔE*00

Average ΔE*00

Maximum ΔE*00

The Average and Maximum are far to high for what I can tell. Is this normal or is there something I can do to fix/improve the calibration?
    The first time the calibration results were far more darker than this time.

I hope all is clear and someone can help and tell me where my mistake lies.

-Daxelinho

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

any type of matrix profile is generally not suitable for TN panel displays (a matrix can only describe a display with good linearity and additivity, something that most TN panels fail at). Use the default XYT LUT profile type, 175 patches.

Daxelinho
    Participant

Alright, thank’s for your answer. I’ve been using three different monitors, is there a way to bring them closer together? I tried to use the whitepoint of 6500K on all of them. Is there more I can do?

Will the profile type XYZ LUT create decent colors in Google Chrome or Lightroom/Photoshop? Or should I rather use XYZ LUT + matrix? I’ve stumbled across the subject in another forum.

-Daxelihno

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’ve been using three different monitors, is there a way to bring them closer together? I tried to use the whitepoint of 6500K on all of them. Is there more I can do?

Yes, see the FAQ in this forum.

Will the profile type XYZ LUT create decent colors in Google Chrome or Lightroom/Photoshop?

Google Chrome color management is broken, don’t use it. Use Firefox if you care about color (enable v4 profiles in about:config). Photoshop will be fine.

Daxelinho
    Participant

I calibrated all my monitors and now it looks real good and the accuracy is pretty decent too, at least within a in a tolerable range. But I encountered a much greater problem now and I don’t really now where this is come from or if it has anything to do with me calibrating the monitors or if it is just coincidence.

The problem is that all the green colors appear purple now and the red colors appear green. Blue appears in a pinkish way. Is really strange, as if the colors are for these old anaglyph magenta and green glasses.

But it’s not everywhere: Firefox and the windows explorer/desktop is fine but Google Chrome and  Spotify are affected.  Even in Photoshop the GUI is affected but not the actual image loaded in.I hope someone can help me with this. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that these applications don’t have (a good) color management. But how can I fix it?

– Daxelinho

Florian Höch
    Administrator
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS