Calibration Results not sure if I did this right

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration Results not sure if I did this right

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bill Lewis Jr
    Participant

I am new to DisplayCAL.  In the past I used the ColorMonkie Display software and now they changed that to i1Studio.  Through research I heard this software is better so I decided to switch over.

Personally I am a bit confused on if I am using the right Spectral Correction.

I have a 2019 21.5″ 4K iMac.  This has the P3 Retina 4K display.  Despite Xrite saying I needed to use their GB-LED technology type, however, some Google fu told me in DisplayCal I should use the Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 99% P3 (MacBook Pro Retina 2016) Correction. Also I came across information that I should use the Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS 94% P3 (Panasonic VVX….) correction.  Then further more I came across a post to use someone’s custom RG Phosphor correction with the download on their website.

I did a Calibration with the PFS Phosphor (MacBook Pro Retina 2016) and I have no real clue if these results are good or if I should be using another correction instead. As far as I know the display is supposedly GB-LED RG Phosphor according to X-Rite wiki and Apple only really says it is P3 red – green Phosphor LED’s

So I just am confused a bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

in DisplayCal I should use the Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS, 99% P3 (MacBook Pro Retina 2016) Correction

correct (no pun intended), this is the most applicable one for newer MacBooks and iMacs.

Also I came across information that I should use the Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED IPS 94% P3 (Panasonic VVX….) correction.

Would also work, but see above.

I have no real clue if these results

Looks perfect, very low delta E across the board.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS