Calibration Questions

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pommegirl
    Participant

Hello HELLO 🙂

I am new and also not very experienced with calibration so please do forgive me if my questions have obvious answers.

I am attempting to calibrate my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) to print photos. I am really struggling to get my photos to print out the same as I’m seeing them on the screen even though I am soft proofing and using print profiles. My screen seems very magenta. My photos seem much less warm and also quite dark and rather flat in comparison. Soooo, I am going to try and calibrate with X-rite i1 Display Pro using the DisplayCal software.

I am wondering please…

1. Which correction do I choose for the Early 2015 Mac? Is it Spectral: LCD PFS Phosphor WLED family or  Spectral: LCD White LED family (AC, LG, Samsung)  or something else?
    2. Do I need to select either the white or black level drift compensation?
    3. In Calibration do I select Interactive Display Adjustment?
    4. I have Whitepoint 6500, White Level 200, and tone curve 2.2 . Should the tone curve be sRGB for a MacBook Pro early 2015 rather than the 2.2?
    5. Which Test Chart would be the best for me to select?

Also, I’m wondering about what lighting conditions I should use when calibrating? Should the room be dark or lit in some way or should it be done with natural daylight?

THANK YOU for any help that you might be able to give, I am grateful for your time. 🙂

Kind regards -Pommegirl

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant
    1. Measure uncorrected R & G primaries. sRGB-like (maybe a little more saturated) Whiet LED. P3-like use PFS for P3 Mac
    2. No
    3.  & others: Since Apple Color management engine is so limited & buggy use default settings for macOS in DisplayCAL.
      The only exception is making accurate profiles for LUT3D creation (Resolve) and this has beed discused on other threads (and for Desktop default profile type settings is recomended)

Pommegirl
    Participant

Thank you Vincent… I will try that. I appreciate your replying.

Kind regards -Pommegirl

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS