Calibration: laptop(Mac) and PC monitor(Dell)

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration: laptop(Mac) and PC monitor(Dell)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

DeonisNikul
    Participant

Good day!

Thank you for such a wonderful product and talented work on it!

Calibrate MacBook Pro Early 2013 and Dell u2312hm monitor connected to a PC.

A very important and delicate moment, how to achieve the maximum identity of the color rendition ?!

If you take into account one fundamental factor: Dell u2312hm is regulated by RGB and on the MacBook Pro there is no such luxury…

Vincent
    Participant

Some options:

• take current macbook white as target if it is pleasing to your eyes even not D65 (more blue)
    • use GPU calibration to get D65 in macbook (you should not loose too much contrast so it is acceptable). Then use that white as reference.

With that white as reference first try to set that white target coordinates as your U2312M calibration target. If they do not match visually (IDNK hwt kind of measurement device you have), match visually with DisplayCAL.

DeonisNikul
    Participant

Thanks for the answer!
    I understand you correctly, I first calibrate the macbook and then use the profile I received on a PC with a Dell monitor?
    those. I copy it and point the DisplayCal link to the profile with the macbook?

Vincent
    Participant

Thanks for the answer!
    I understand you correctly, I first calibrate the macbook and then use the profile I received on a PC with a Dell monitor?
    those. I copy it and point the DisplayCal link to the profile with the macbook?

No. I did not say that.

-calibrate macbook & use the profile you get at the end of this process with your macbook screen (use native white or D65, the one you like most or the one is easiest for you).

-get white coordinates from calibrated macbook as calibration target white for your dell screen. You will calibrate your dell to the same white using OSD RGB gain controls. If using the same white coordinates does not give you the same white, use DisplayCAL’s visual match (it’s next to white coordinates in calibration tab)
    When you finish Dell’s calibration, use Dell profile for dell monitor.

Each screen needs its own profile.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Vincent.

DeonisNikul
    Participant

Thank!
    I’ll start this exciting experiment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS