Calibration has gotten worse?

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration has gotten worse?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Well, I tested it on a desktop monitor, and it does not seem to be the instrument.

Good.

I don’t really see how the gamut of a screen could drift, let alone over only a few months.

It’s doesn’t seem the gamut has drifted, but like the screen has simply degraded somehow. If you look at the gamut outline of 156FL02-101-1-2016-02-24-02-56-2.2-F-S-XYZLUTMTX.icm attached to your post #2012 above, then it has a weird “bumpiness” to it that I wouldn’t consider normal.

By the way, the verification procedure does not seem to show the gamut. Is there any way to get it to do so?

You can use the profile information to view the gamut.

Earth-616
    Participant

I’m just so perplexed. I tested it again, in Linux this time. I also tried setting the color temperature to 6500K: same deal, gamuts percentages in the mid 80s. I also tried resetting the video card gamma table. I really don’t understand what could make the display characteristics change so drastically, across multiple operating systems no less.  I feel that the problem must be in the settings that I am using for the software, or in the software itself, but I can’t seem to fix it.

Earth-616
    Participant

Wow.  What could have caused the screen to degrade, if that is indeed what happened? I have only had the device since about November, and I am hardly eager to have the screen replaced (that takes forever). Surely most laptop screens do not simply lose so much of their gamut in a few months of use. What’s more, most of the time I use an external monitor anyway, so it was not even seeing round-the-clock use.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Well, it’s only a possible explanation, although it seems to be a likely one, seeing as it happens irrespective of OS, and your HP doesn’t exhibit the problem. I definitely don’t think it’s a software setting that is causing this, your settings as embedded in the profiles you attached look fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS