Calibration greyed out, as are results of instrumentation. Acer SA230.

Home Forums Help and Support Calibration greyed out, as are results of instrumentation. Acer SA230.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NotAnotherAccountIWillNeverUse
    Participant

Hi there.
    Thank you for all of your incredibly hard work on this project.
    Unfortunately, I’ve all the technical aptitude of a banana, and am just trying to figure out a way to use my monitor without exacerbating the horrible white swimming images that’ve infested my vision every time I’ve tried to get down and work for the last couple of months.
    I do not understand any of the technical terms used here, despite my best efforts.

My problem is that, even having followed the quickstart guide, calibration remains greyed out on my Acer SA230.
    I have gone over what I need to install (Argyll), and it appears to be properly installed.  My acer shows as a display; but when I click the concentric arrows for instrument detection, the process finishes where it starts… With greyed out boxes that remain unselectable. My profile is ‘current.’ I do not believe I have any program overriding DisplayCAL, as my display did autobrighten noticeably when DisplayCAL started. (My last attempt at fixing this problem was with low brightness/high contrast, which actually seemed to make the contrast worse on my monitor. :/ )

Frankly, I don’t even know if I’m wasting my time here, I feel like this problem is probably designed more for getting sharper images for gaming/editing/media than what I’m looking for.  I guess if you have any ideas, I’d appreciate them. Hopefully I have provided the proper information. If not, I will do my best to correct matters.
    Even if this is not the program I am looking for, it surely has a great deal of development behind it; and thank you for considering my plea.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

you need a measurement device (hardware) to be able to use DisplayCAL. E.g. an i1Display Pro, or i1 Studio.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

NotAnotherAccountIWillNeverUse
    Participant

Thanks, Florian. I should’ve guessed it’d be something like that.

I really wish there were something out there that addressed my concerns… Oh well.

Nothing is ever good.
    I’ll mark this as solved.
    Thanks.

Edit: Apparently I can’t edit the toplevel post; anyone who’s browsing here, it’s over and done . Thanks. Solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS