Calibrating with Blackmgaic Bidirectional 12G + Mini monitor (non 3G)

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating with Blackmgaic Bidirectional 12G + Mini monitor (non 3G)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DanielST
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to calibrate my LG OLED TV (old model, 1080p) for watching movies from my media player (Dune HD). In order to hardware calibrate it I choose to buy the BMD bidirectional 12G converter to serve as a LUT box. In order to get reference test patterns from the Resolve I  bought the BMD mini monitor (non 3G) which I connected to my MacBook. The first time I’ve tried to calibrate i connected the converter with the mini monitor and ran the calibration procedure for 3D LUT. I turned out that when I import the LUT in the converter the screen gets green cast. The solution I figured out is to set the SDI 4:4:4 in Resolve setting ON. It made the picture normal looking. I think the problem is with YCbCr conversion. It looks like that LUT only operate properly when the signal is RGB full or limited.

My biggest confusion is with getting settings right. The settings I tried are:

TV settings:

Brightness: 30

Contrast/ Brightness set to default

Color/Hue default

Gamut set to wide

Video level set to low

Resolve settings:

Levels set to video

DisplayCal settings:

Settings: Resolve 1886, Rec 709

White drift compensation: on

Correction: OLED B6

White, Black and Gamut set to as measured

XYZ LUT+ matrix

VCGT: on

Input, output settings: 235-235

Cube size: 33

Verification: Still can’t understand which are the correct settings.

BMD bidirectional 12g set to video levels

I will be thankful if you can give  some kind of a workflow. I get very red red measurements after I done a verification. Thanks

I apologize for my English. It’s not my native language. Have a great day/night!

LloydSPESK
    Participant

Wife has packed the charger for my camera and isnt sure which box its in.. So Im out unless I can find it today 😛

Edit: found it :-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS