Calibrating Wide Gamut Display

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating Wide Gamut Display

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

M Fleming
    Participant

Next week I will be getting a Dell XPS15 laptop with a 4K “100% Adobe RGB” display.  Are there any settings I should pay particular attention to when calibrating a wide gamut display?  What settings should I use?  Any Windows settings I should look at?

I will also be calibrating an external monitor, a Dell P2715Q 4K with 80%ish Adobe RGB.

I am using an i1Display Pro.  What is the best choice(s) for “Correction”?

Does DisplayCAL output the %ProPhoto gamut of a display?

Contribution Made – Thanks for the great program

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Next week I will be getting a Dell XPS15 laptop with a 4K “100% Adobe RGB” display.  Are there any settings I should pay particular attention to when calibrating a wide gamut display?  What settings should I use?  Any Windows settings I should look at?

No specific calibration settings are needed.

I will also be calibrating an external monitor, a Dell P2715Q 4K with 80%ish Adobe RGB.

I don’t know what type of backlight that display has. Possibly Dell’s GB-LED, as it’s wide-gamut.

No, because that would not be a very useful metric – ProPhoto extends outside the spectrum locus and thus contains a portion of imaginary (= not real) colors.

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No specific calibration settings are needed.

I don’t know what type of backlight that display has. Possibly Dell’s GB-LED, as it’s wide-gamut.

No, because that would not be a very useful metric – ProPhoto extends outside the spectrum locus and thus contains a portion of imaginary (= not real) colors.

Thank you.

Hey! Thanks for this reply.

I too have a Dell XPS 15 4K and in the middle of trying to get the color accurate and had a few questions.

Prior to using DisplayCAL, I was using the X-Rite software that came with my ColorMunki Display and noticed a HUGE difference between DisplayCAL and X-Rite’s results. X-Rite produced a considerably darker and orange tinted display, compared to DisplayCAL’s brighter and cooler temperature. Can you explain this discrepancy? According to pretty much everyone on the internet, DisplayCAL is king. So I guess I’m wondering how X-Rite thinks it can get away with calling any of their products calibrators?

I am currently working as a freelance photographer and videographer, using Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop and Premiere Pro. Are there any special settings I need to concern myself if I want accuracy for clients for posting online or to print?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS