Calibrating UHZ65 Laser Projector through Resolve using X-Rite i1 Pro 2

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating UHZ65 Laser Projector through Resolve using X-Rite i1 Pro 2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott
    Participant

When using the the X-Rite i1 Pro 2 the only profiles that show up are LED and Generic. How come the Projector profile does not show up? I tried importing the spectracal profiles from i1 system software but they do not show up.

Is it possible to get an accurate calibration with the LED profile?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Scott.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m assuming you’re talking about colorimeter corrections. The i1 Pro 2 is a spectrometer. You measure a projector using standard emissive mode, the instrument also usually comes with a mount for projector measurements.

Scott
    Participant

Thanks Florian. We are using the projector mount. How close to the screen is optimal?

The box that i am having problems with is the  drop down box that says mode:  the only available options are LCD and generic. I am not sure where the setting for standard emissive mode that you are referring to.

Is there an article that you could point me to that explains the procedure for calibrating a projector with a spectrometer?

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

How close to the screen is optimal?

The closer you can get the instrument, the more light will be able to enter its aperture, which should help accuracy and measurement speed.

the only available options are LCD and generic. I am not sure where the setting for standard emissive mode that you are referring to

Both are emissive mode (display emits light = emissive). The only difference between the two is that “refresh” mode tries to measure the refresh interval so it can sync to it, but if there is no refresh interval, it’s the same as “LCD” (aka non-refresh).

Is there an article that you could point me to that explains the procedure for calibrating a projector with a spectrometer?

Nothing specific, but I’m sure a bit of searching on (e.g.) AVSforum.com will turn something up that can be of use.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS