Calibrating two same model monitor, please help!

Home Forums General Discussion Calibrating two same model monitor, please help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AhhNickk
    Participant

Hi,

I have two of the same monitors but everytime I calibrate it with Sypder X with DisplayCal one is always lighter/darker than the other. When I reset the monitors to factory setting, one of the monitor will always be on 100 brightness post reset and the other one on 38 ish. Do I change the brightness to match? I’ve never calibrated any monitors before and I just got into editing in lightroom. The monitors are plugged into two different ports on a laptop (i.e. one HDMI to HDMI, one Mini Displayport to Disport). I followed YT videos on how to calibrate the monitors so the settings in DisplayCal are the basic settings.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by AhhNickk.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Do I change the brightness to match?

Yes, but don’t go strictly by the numbers as they may have different meaning for the two monitors. Aim for a visual match.

I followed YT videos on how to calibrate the monitors so the settings in DisplayCal are the basic settings.

I always recommend using the defaults. The only choice you should make is choose a measurement mode appropriate for your monitor (probably white LED unless you have wide-gamut monitors).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS