Calibrating monitors to DICOM using Spyder 5

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating monitors to DICOM using Spyder 5

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

DICOM.GDSF
    Participant

Hi!

Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. Hoch and everybody who made it possible for me to ask this question and even use displaycall as a free software, as opposed to charging a lot of money for a license.

My field of work is radiology and it would be of immense good for me and my colleagues to be able to calibrate our displays to DICOM GSDF. Don’t get me wrong, we do diagnostic work on professional radiology DICOM calibrated monitors, yet, still, not all of our monitors are diagnostic-grade dicom calibrated and I think it would be of good use for us to have all of the other displays calibrated. Also, it would be of great help to me, since I could even calibrate my laptop screen.

From what I’ve read on the forums, it all depends on whether DICOM GSDF is integrated in Argyll CMS, right? Even so, Mr. Hoch said somewhere in a post reply that you could theoretically create a synthetic DICOM ICC. What does that mean? Is it just a simple gamma curve that resembles the DICOM one without actually considering the monitor’s response?  Sorry for asking so many questions, it’s just that I’d like to better understand these things.

There’s also pacsDisplay, another piece of software that apparently uses Argyll CMS and is able to calibrate to DICOM, yet requires an expensive and rather hardly avaible X-rite i1 Display Pro to work. Not only that, but their homepage does not even say anything about it supporting the newer Calibrite Colorchecker Display Pro?

Thank you so much in advance for reading my message and I sure hope we’ll get some constructive talks about this subject, especially that screen calibration is quite important in radiology, e.g. in detecting stroke lesions on native CAT scans of the head.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS