Calibrating LG 34GN850 w i1 pro

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating LG 34GN850 w i1 pro

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

non sono
    Participant

I can not get the monitor to be perfectly calibrated. It is advertised for 98% DCI-P3 but the most I got was 94.1%. I haved tried the correction .ccss by 4km and increasing the number of patches to 11000. Other settings are: gamma 2.2, 6500k, black level drift compensation, xxxl verification, 120 cd/m² and interactive adjustment

MW
    Participant

The verification report is the tool for diagnosing issues.

S Simeonov
    Participant

I can not get the monitor to be perfectly calibrated. It is advertised for 98% DCI-P3 but the most I got was 94.1%. I haved tried the correction .ccss by 4km and increasing the number of patches to 11000. Other settings are: gamma 2.2, 6500k, black level drift compensation, xxxl verification, 120 cd/m² and interactive adjustment

I would use the default displaycal patches for each profile, 11000 is overkill.

non sono
    Participant

So what am I doing wrong then? Afaik I’m doing all the steps required

S Simeonov
    Participant

What exactly do you mean by “wrong”?

non sono
    Participant

Well, the monitor is rated for 98% DCI-P3, but  I am only getting 94%… There must be something I am doing wrong, as I do not think the problem is the quality of the colorimeter

S Simeonov
    Participant

Well, the monitor is rated for 98% DCI-P3, but  I am only getting 94%… There must be something I am doing wrong, as I do not think the problem is the quality of the colorimeter

Don’t believe anything you read, every monitor is a different situation. It varies from unit to unit.

non sono
    Participant

You are right I think.

One thing I noticed tho is that in the report it says 99.9% srgb coverage, which makes me think the monitor or displaycal is somehow limited to that colorspace

S Simeonov
    Participant

You are right I think.

One thing I noticed tho is that in the report it says 99.9% srgb coverage, which makes me think the monitor or displaycal is somehow limited to that colorspace

My monitor is also falsely advertised as 98% DCI-P3 coverage, but I only get around 91%, not a big deal for me cause I use sRGB mostly. 99,8% of sRGB  coverage is enough for my needs tho.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS