Calibrating Flanders DM250/CM250

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating Flanders DM250/CM250

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Michael B
    Participant

New to calibrating monitors.  Can someone walk me through the right settings and steps that will give me a correct calibration on these monitors?  I have already calibrated one, seemingly successfully, but I need  a sanity check.

Also, converting a .cube to .dat and then changing the extension to .cfe seems to work to upload the calibration to the monitor.  Am I a horrible human being for doing this?

thanks in advance

muffin
    Participant

Hi Michael, I’m in the same boat. I need to calibrate a Flanders CM250 Monitor, but I’m having some issues. I’m using a colorimeter i1 Display Pro OEM, but it seems that I need to upload a Colorimeter correction created with a Spectrometer. I can’t seem to find this file in this database: https://colorimetercorrections.displaycal.net

Where you able to find it somewhere? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I think the CM250 is an RGB OLED. Select “Spectral: RGB OLED (Sony PVM-2541)” in DisplayCAL. Be sure to reset the monitor to default in its OSD under System -> Load Profile -> Default and set Color Management -> LUT Bypass to “3D LUT” (reset to “None” after creating & uploading LUT) before measurements.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Actually, “Spectral: RGB OLED (Sony PVM-2541, Samsung S7, Lenovo)” might be a better choice.

muffin
    Participant

Thank you Florian so much. Just in cased, I bought a spectrometer X-Rite i1Studio, that is arriving today. I’ll see if there is any difference between the “Spectral:RGB OLED” or the one created by the X-Rite.

Do you think is worth keeping the X-Rite i1Studio since I already own the colorimeter i1 Display Pro OEM?

I’m still a bit confused about the differences between colorimeter and spectrometer. Because it feels they both do the same thing (At least I see people using the i1Studio to calibrate their monitors.  Maybe I should sell the i1 Display Pro and just use the X-Rite i1Studio to do all the profiling and calibrating?

Thanks again.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Do you think is worth keeping the X-Rite i1Studio since I already own the colorimeter i1 Display Pro OEM?

At the very least, you can use the spectro to create a colorimeter correction for the i1 Display Pro.

I’m still a bit confused about the differences between colorimeter and spectrometer.

A spectrometer, as the name implies, measures spectra, usually several dozen spectral bands (up to around 100 with the i1 Studio in high-res spectral mode). A colorimeter uses colored filters (usually three, one for red, green and blue) to measure CIE XYZ only, it does not provide spectra directly.

Spectrometers are thus usually more accurate than colorimeters, and they don’t need to be tuned to specific display types. But, they are generally slower than colorimeters, and cannot measure as low (the i1 Studio can go down to about 0.1cd/m2, while the i1 Display Pro can read down to 0.003 cd/m2 and is a lot faster overall).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Florian Höch.

muffin
    Participant

Thank you Florian. So I guess I’ll keep both and used them as a combo. i1Studio to correct for the OLED and then the i1 Display Pro to do the heavy lifting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS