Calibrating Dual Monitors Klein K-10A

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrating Dual Monitors Klein K-10A

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

prattu
    Participant

Trying to calibrate a pair of Dell U2713HM monitors with my Klein K-10A but unfortunately they aren’t coming out looking the same. I saw in another thread that I need to use a color correction for paired monitors but I can’t find anything for Klein, only Spyders and X-Rites.

I find it strange that according to the colorimeter they are both accurate to sRGB but they look different by so much. Both monitors are set to sRGB mode with the same luminance and white point, and according to everything I’ve read and researched they should come out the same, but they just aren’t theres always some small difference.  What am I missing?

K10-A on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Did you use the same whitepoint calibration target for both monitors? DisplayCAL by default calibrates to a monitor’s native white (“As measured”). You can change that on the “Calibration” tab. If that’s not the issue, then you can also visually match the monitor white using the visual whitepoint editor.

*Edit* Forgot to add that for the K-10, you can select the display technology under the “Measurement mode” dropdown in DisplayCAL. I think Klein provides an utility to upload those corrections to the meter.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Florian Höch.

prattu
    Participant

By whitepoint calibration target you mean the chromaticity coordinates right? If so, then yes they’re both set to the same coordinates.

When I’m matching one monitors white point to the other’s do I want to calibrate the first monitor first?

Under the mode tab I’m using Klein LED Bk

prattu
    Participant

Yeah this isn’t doing what I was expecting it to do. Adjusting the white point to match the monitors significantly throws off all of the colors.

I set the calibration speed to the slowest and that seems to have made some improvement but I can still see a difference.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

When I’m matching one monitors white point to the other’s do I want to calibrate the first monitor first?

Yes, you pick one as reference.

Yeah this isn’t doing what I was expecting it to do. Adjusting the white point to match the monitors significantly throws off all of the colors.

Note that you shouldn’t adjust the monitor “after the fact”, i.e. this needs to happen before calibration. Using the visual white point editor, the process is as follows: Bring up the visual whitepoint editor on the monitor you want to match to your reference monitor. Using the monitor controls or the controls in the visual whitepoint editor window, make adjustments until the white matches your reference monitor white. Then click “measure” on the visual whitepoint editor. This will set the measured white chromaticity xy as target (these will be different from your reference monitor chromaticity!). Now calibrate & profile as usual.

Also note that only color managed applications will show actual colors (i.e. non-neutrals) as intended. The 1D calibration can only fix whitepoint and grayscale/tone curve (“gamma”).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS