calibrate HDR display on Windows HDR mode

Home Forums General Discussion calibrate HDR display on Windows HDR mode

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Cajer Gong
    Participant

Since DWM LUTs have been released, I recommend using 3D LUTs with DWM LUT rather than the VCGT method used in this topic (it support only 1D LUTs).
    1D alone can calibrate white point and luminance maps, but not saturation calibration.

With i1D3+i1Pro2/3, you can use DispCal (Argyll CMS) and madTPG for highly accurate calibration.
    Do not need expensive calibration system like Colourspace(Lightillusion) or Calman(Portrait).

Please refer to the following video for an explanation of the work process.
    <iframe width=”474″ height=”267″ loading=”lazy” title=”3D LUT calibrate for HDR display on Windows10 HDR mode(EN sub)” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/lGhkpd6nIvY?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
    For even higher accuracy, I suggest to create CCMX with cie2012-2 and perform white point correction using visual inspection as well.

It looks like the test chart link is dead.  Could you please reupload it?

i1Basic Pro 2 on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Cajer Gong
    Participant

Also MadVR doesn’t seem to put itself into HDR mode when using Windows 11 and an up to date Nvidia driver.  Any thoughts?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS