calibrate HDR display on Windows HDR mode

Home Forums General Discussion calibrate HDR display on Windows HDR mode

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Cajer Gong
    Participant

Since DWM LUTs have been released, I recommend using 3D LUTs with DWM LUT rather than the VCGT method used in this topic (it support only 1D LUTs).
    1D alone can calibrate white point and luminance maps, but not saturation calibration.

With i1D3+i1Pro2/3, you can use DispCal (Argyll CMS) and madTPG for highly accurate calibration.
    Do not need expensive calibration system like Colourspace(Lightillusion) or Calman(Portrait).

Please refer to the following video for an explanation of the work process.
    <iframe width=”474″ height=”267″ loading=”lazy” title=”3D LUT calibrate for HDR display on Windows10 HDR mode(EN sub)” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/lGhkpd6nIvY?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>
    For even higher accuracy, I suggest to create CCMX with cie2012-2 and perform white point correction using visual inspection as well.

It looks like the test chart link is dead.  Could you please reupload it?

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Cajer Gong
    Participant

Also MadVR doesn’t seem to put itself into HDR mode when using Windows 11 and an up to date Nvidia driver.  Any thoughts?

Old Man
    Participant

Displaycal needs to be updated to support Windows Advanced Color

mbze430
    Participant

not sure how it will work with Windows’ new ACM.  But it would be interesting.  Or maybe it doesn’t need anything.  Really the ability for Windows to support 3D LUT natively would be awesome

Old Man
    Participant

Considering displaycal is abandonware, it probably won’t work with ACM, but if it was updated, it would probably work fine. It does need to be updated because windows changed and it’s no longer compatible (HDR). Windows already supports ICC profiles, which are superior to 3D LUT’s. Their new Advanced Color will hopefully allow for a color-managed desktop via those ICC profiles, but the profiles will likely require new tags, so displaycal/argyll will need to be updated. Argyll’s dev says he doesn’t have an HDR display and he doesn’t seem happy that his free software is producing little income for him. He should either start charging or someone with the means should donate an HDR display to him

Or someone should take advantage of this gap in the market

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS