Calibrate another machine in the network

Home Forums Help and Support Calibrate another machine in the network

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hercules Pang
    Participant

Hi Florian,

Sorry I am totally new to calibration.

1. I read that Web@localhost is meant for tablet and mobile phone, does it means I can’t use it for another machine running windows?
    Because I tried and the process stuck at the middle of calibration.
    So I just want to confirm that: Can DisplayCal calibrate another PC display in the same network?

2. IF the answer is negative, then can I connect the display to my laptop with DisplayCal installed, calibrate it and generate icc profile, then copy that profile back to the pc?

I just hope that I don’t have to instasll DisplayCal in the pc I want to calibrate get things done.

3. Beside, I wonder if DisplayCal loader can work alone, without DisplayCal software installed? If I can’t, can you recommend an alternative icc profile loader?

Thank you for your patient

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

1. I read that Web@localhost is meant for tablet and mobile phone, does it means I can’t use it for another machine running windows?

You can, but it would be more straightforward to install DisplayCAL on the other machine.

Because I tried and the process stuck at the middle of calibration.

I see no reason why it wouldn’t work, but the added complexity and overhead of network communication as well as browser quirks means there is a lot more that can go wrong.

3. Beside, I wonder if DisplayCal loader can work alone, without DisplayCal software installed?

All the different components share the underlying common files (~50 MB), so there would be no difference in installing the whole pacakage or just the loader (which isn’t possible anyway).

If I can’t, can you recommend an alternative icc profile loader?

With the same featureset? I don’t know any.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS