Calbrating the Acer XB273K

Home Forums Help and Support Calbrating the Acer XB273K

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dent
    Participant

Hi, Its been a while since I use DisplayCal or do any type of monitor calibrations. I just bought an Acer XB273K which is  4k & HDR and is  rated as being a 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut monitor. I have a few questions regarding how to properly calibrate it for mainly gaming and watching movies. Thanks

1.  How can I check the calibration on it from the factory to see if it is in fact to 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut and calibrated properly ?

2. What setting should I use to calibrated it correctly to 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut ?

3. Do I need to created different calibrations for SDR and HDR ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

How can I check the calibration on it from the factory to see if it is in fact to 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut and calibrated properly ?

1. Set simulation profile to DCI-P3&SMPTE-431-2  on the verification tab and enable “use simulation profile as display profile”.
    2. Check the monitor settings. For a color managed environment, you likely want to use naative gamut. Use default settings in DisplayCAL.
    3. If the monitor does apply its own tone-mapping in HDR mode, accurate profiling may not be possible. You can profile the monitor in SDR mode (with high brightness) and create a HDR to SDR 3D LUT for use with madVR.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS