C6 HDR2000 more accurate?

Home Forums General Discussion C6 HDR2000 more accurate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

NoVoicemail
    Participant

the product page says:

“Each C6 HDR2000 Colorimeter is certified in Portrait Displays’ calibration lab and shipped with a National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) certificate of accuracy.”

does this mean they are individually calibrated instead of batch calibrated as the i1d3s might be? Would there be any noticeable benefits when using CCSS? I acknowledge C6 is currently unsupported by argyll out of the box

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by NoVoicemail.

Vincent
    Participant

the product page says:

“Each C6 HDR2000 Colorimeter is certified in Portrait Displays’ calibration lab and shipped with a National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) certificate of accuracy.”

to… what light source?

does this mean they are individually calibrated instead of batch calibrated as the i1d3s might be?

AFAIK All i1d3 are individually “profiled”  => measure & store the spectral sensivities. That is the basis for CCSS accuracy. But given price it may have have QC issues. There was an small sample test with 1nm CCSS custom made and a few i1d3 vs a reference device and CCSS corrected some of them faied 3dE to reference instrument. LGG forum , Stuart Pointon if my memory is good.

Would there be any noticeable benefits when using CCSS?

First of all ask them what does it mean. Calibrated & NIST traceable to some A illuminant? (example) spectral sensivities measured and stored by other means than Xrite’s manufacturing process? (example2)

I acknowledge C6 is currently unsupported by argyll out of the box

The actual advantage of a C6 is that if you buy Calman you have access to is “EDR” (it has another extension, but you know what i mean) catalog for TVs & displays. A retail i1d3 will only have access to bundled EDRs.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

NoVoicemail
    Participant

thanks Vincent, I found the stuart pointon post in question. For anyone else interested in the data:

So to finish off, here are the dE2000 errors for the graph readings based off measurements from the CR300. Of course, these are derived from the XYZ measurement reading from the probe hence you can then get anything else you want such u’v’, Lab etc (see Bruce Lindblooms site for a calculator for those that may want to play with this). Quite frankly, you don’t need dE00 values to see that graph and know you will see differences. I will try and get an edr for CG together this week for those that want to test, but same caveats will apply.

Probe dE2000
    i1pro2 Normal 2.2807
    i1D3 OEM RG 2.2475
    C6 HDR2000 RG 2.5
    RETAIL 1 RG 2.6159
    RETAIL 2 RG 2.8
    i1D3 OEM MOD 2.7299
    RETAIL 1 MOD 1.9243
    RETAIL 2 MOD 3.4245
    i1D3 OEM HP edr 2.6163
    RETAIL 1 HP edr 1.6838
    RETAIL 2 HP edr 3.1987

https://www.liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/eizo-cs2731-calibration-issues.16585/#post-161508

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS