C49rg9x QLED measuring device

Home Forums Help and Support C49rg9x QLED measuring device

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Technickly
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to calibrate my new monitor and other things like my laptop and ended up picking up a SpyderX only to realize(after a bit of research) that DisplayCal does not have any Correction profiles for this device mostly because of things I read about the QLED technology backlight. I did the calibration but it didn’t come out that great in my opinion.

I am now looking at possibly returning it if possible and going for the i1 Display Studio or Pro. In the database there is a profile for the Display Pro, will this profile only work for the Display Pro or would it work on the Display Studio as well? I want a device that will have some support ability or 3rd party support for future types of display tech. Any suggestions or advice are welcome, thanks!

edit: monitor is C49rg9x QLED if you missed that in the title.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Technickly.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Technickly.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon   SpyderX Pro on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Hello,

I wanted to calibrate my new monitor and other things like my laptop and ended up picking up a SpyderX only to realize(after a bit of research) that DisplayCal does not have any Correction profiles for this device mostly because of things I read about the QLED technology backlight. I did the calibration but it didn’t come out that great in my opinion.

Try RGBLED, not equal… but that’s all you have.

I am now looking at possibly returning it if possible and going for the i1 Display Studio or Pro. In the database there is a profile for the Display Pro, will this profile only work for the Display Pro or would it work on the Display Studio as well? I want a device that will have some support ability or 3rd party support for future types of display tech. Any suggestions or advice are welcome, thanks!

edit: monitor is C49rg9x QLED if you missed that in the title.

All i1d3 can use the same CCSS corrections. ArgyllCMS ecosystem can use all of them since it hs all unlock codes (or at least most widely used).
    Only i1displaypro can use Xrite SDK for HW calibration in some vendor solutions, only certain rebranded i1Displaypros can be used with certain vendor HW cal solutions (Wacom). Most versatile & fast is retail i1displaypro, if plan to buy monitor with HW cal in near future get the pro, otherwise if speed does not bother you and no plans for huge 1-4k patches XYZLUT profiles i1DisplayStudio will be accurate too.

Technickly
    Participant

Sounds good, thanks ????. I’ll prob pick up the pro or pro plus if I find a deal within $50.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS